Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Life for Old Dresser

Last Saturday the wards that meet at our church building had a combined "Swap Meet."  It was a true swap meet in the sense that NO money was exchanged.  You brought your junk for others to take and you got to take whatever you wanted!  I so totally wanted a wingback chair to reupholster, but I don't have anywhere to put it.  :o(   Instead, my Dear Brother-In-Law showed this to me.  A real wood little dresser that would be perfect for the kids art supplies and the rest of our office supplies and paper. (My Dear Brother-In-Law also told my DS3 that all the toys were free and to take whatever he wanted after I told him no! (needless to say, my Brother-In-Law will be getting the Christmas Tazmanian Devil that my son picked up for his Christmas this year!)
I digress...
When my potty-training daughter woke me up at 3 in the morning, I couldn't get back to sleep for a while because I was thinking of what I could do to make this dresser special.  This design came to mind.  I sketched it out to see if it would look right and I LOVED it.  Don't you love it when half asleep ideas turn out great!
 
I taped right up to the edges and measured in from the corner to make three, one-inch squares.

 Then I got my silver paint pen out and traced the design I made.

 And removed the tape.
 And fell in love.
 I added clear knobs *swoon* to the drawers, and I couldn't be happier!
That's my kind of makeover!

Megan

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! LOVE the design, and that you did it in silver! And those knobs are indeed fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete