Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Backyard Wall Planter

My back patio has a giant wall that was just SO big and SO plain.  I wanted to add visual interest, so I used up some credit I had at Ross and bought 2 metal plaques and this planter.
 I also got this little fern at half off at JoAnn's.
 I had to modify it so it would fit in the planter.  I found the "front" of the fern by turning it around slowly until I liked it best.  
I cut directly behind that.
 I used my serrated kitchen knife. ;o)  
Isn't that what you use your knives for?
 I sawed all the way through but the darn thing wouldn't separate!
 How was I supposed to know it was all held together by wires?  
I just cut through them and we were good.
 I stuffed the little piece down into the planter first then the plant.
 Here's what the back looks like.
 See wall sad. :o(
 See wall happy. :o)
 I'm so happy with how it turned out.
 It's simple, and adds the visual interest I was going for.
That's my kind of makeover!

What are you doing to spruce up your backyard this Summer?

Lots o' love,

Megan

3 comments:

  1. That Looks Great Megan! I never ever decorate the outside of my home but I should! It's just too hot in texas that we spend most of our day indoors but I love your little makeover! totally inspired here! :)

    cinsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete