Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thrifted Finds - Mirror with Awesome Frame

For some reason the files for the before and after picture aren't loading...LAME!  But you'll still get the gist.

Here is a sweet plastic $2 mirror I got at the thrift store, but you can't tell it's plastic until you touch it.
 I wasn't so fond of the gold. The backing wouldn't come apart, so I had to just cover the mirror. 
 I taped to pieces of scrap paper together so it covered the whole mirror with a little overlap. I laid it inside the frame and made a crease at the edge of the frame.
 I cut it out, maybe 1/4" or less, past the crease.
 Then I slid the paper under the frame and made sure every part of the mirror was covered.
 Like so...
 Then I painted it in Krylon Watermelon.  
 And I pretty much love it!
This is perfect for my little girl's room and it'll be perfect for the shower I'm hosting!

Lots o' love,

Megan

2 comments:

  1. Ok I just let out a huge sigh- I LOVE THAT MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I love it. And I really hate that you went there without me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i have decided that you have to come to my house and give me some pointers. You are so crafty and thrifty, I love it! My house is blah and I need help, so when are you coming over? :)
    (the kids can play the kinect while we chat)

    ReplyDelete